I'm not a big seafood eater but occasionally like salmon. I tried this recipe and cooked salmon for the first time! It was delicious!
- 2 salmon fillets (about 3-4 oz each)
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
2. While the salmon is cooking, whisk together honey, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add the vinegar mixture to the skillet and simmer until the fish is fork-tender and liquid reduces and thickens. This should take approximately 5 minutes. The longer you simmer, the thicker the sauce.
Labels: Balsamic Salmon, Clean Eating, Salmon Recipes