- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Mexican chile powder, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 low carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- reduced fat Mexican cheese
1. Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with Chile powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin.
2. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and toss them with olive oil.
3. In a skillet, cover and cook the onions and peppers over medium heat until soft (about 16-18 minutes).
4. Grill chicken until cooked through. Transfer to cutting board and cut into strips.
5. Combine the chicken, peppers, and onions. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas and a pinch of cheese topping.
This makes approximately 4 cups of chicken and vegetables.
Serving size: 2 Fajitas
Fat: 10.5 grams
Protein: 39 grams
Carbs: 27 grams
Fiber: 15.5 grams
Recipe from: Skinnytaste