Many store bought Potato Salads are packed with carbs and unnecessary calories. Here is a great alternative that you can take to your next family gathering!
Light and Fresh Potato Salad
*1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
* 2 tbsp. canola oil
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
*5 cups cubed red potato (about 2 pounds)
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
* 3/4 cup sliced grape of cherry tomatoes
* 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions
* 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1. To prepare dressing, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
2. To prepare salad, place potato and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
3. Add potato to dressing in bowl, tossing gently to coat; let stand 15 minutes. Stir in cucumber and remaining ingredients; toss well. Cover and chill
Recipe from: Cooking Light
Labels: Clean Eating Potato Salad, Clean Eating Recipes, Clean Eating Side Dishes, Lisa Decker recipes, Successfully Fit