Southwestern Grilled Flank Steak

In my quest to expand my taste buds  beyond chicken, I found this fabulous flank steak marinade from Clean Eating magazine.  You have to try it and let me know your thoughts!  My husband and I loved it!  
 
 Flank Steak is an economical and lean meat.  It is not as tender as other cuts of meat, so I would recommend marinating overnight for the best flavor.
 
Ingredients:
Directions:
 
  1. Place both steak halves in a Zip Lock bag.
  2. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, garlic, parsley (or cilantro), cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and 2 tsp olive oil.  Pour the mixture into the bag and thoroughly coat steak halves. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours; however, I would recommend refrigerating overnight.
  3. Heat the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil in a cast iron grill pan on medium high.  Add steak, 1 at a time, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side (for medium-rare).  We cooked on a gas grill and it still tasted great! 
  4. Remove the steak from the pan and cover loosely with foil for about 3 minutes to let the juices soak in.
  5. Before serving, slice the grain into 1/4 inch slices. 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 



Labels: , , , , ,