I've always thought about doing some sort of cleanse, but was never brave enough to try. I didn't want anything to do with drinking a shake all day that included crazy and disgusting ingredients. Once I started drinking Shakeology, I came across some information about a 3 day Shakeology cleanse and thought that it would be good timing to give it a try. I've done this cleanse 2 times since July and have had fantastic results both times!
My reasoning for doing each cleanse was different. The first time I did the cleanse was because I completely over-indulged over a summer weekend with friends and family and just felt like crap! I was about two months into my clean eating transformation so my body was pretty well adjusted to clean, natural foods. My willpower got the best of me and when I stepped on the scale the following Monday morning, I didn't like what I saw. I didn't want to continue to sabotage that great results that I had already gotten and knew I needed to do something about it.
The second time I decided to do the cleanse was a little different. I felt that I hit a weight loss plateau. The problem? I wasn't at my goal weight yet! Doing the cleanse the second time around helped to jumpstart and continue my progress.
If you are looking to lose 3-10 pounds in 3 days, AND cleanse your body of preservatives, then this is the cleanse for you!
What makes the Shakeology Cleanse different from all of the other cleanses out there?
Truth be told, the Shakeology Cleanse is not a true "cleanse." Instead, it is a calorie restricted, nutrient rich cleanse. You do not have to drink some crazy drink and/or starve yourself all day. With Shakeology, you will actually be satisfied because you are not starving your body of vital nutrients. The main point of the Shakeology Cleanse it not calorie restriction. It is nutrient richness. The goal? You want to get the most nutrients into your body with the fewest calories consumed. These calories are to fuel your workouts and rid the body of toxins and hydration into homeostasis. The result with this cleanse is to have your body run more efficiently and the weight loss is just an added benefit that most people experience. Testimonies show that you can lose anywhere from 3lbs to 10lbs in just 3 days!
The Benefits of the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse:
How does the Shakeology Cleanse Work?
The good news is that you are still able to eat and get nutrients into your body every few hours, which is how often you are most likely already eating. Your meals are balances and nutrient rich, which will make up for consuming fewer calories. Adding fruits, nuts, seeds, or the Shakeology fiber supplements can be done as you see fit. Your one solid meal a day, your salad, can also contain fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, and veggies, along with four ounces or less of lean white protein. The point is to keep you satisfied and to avoid anything that is artificial - including your salad dressing. You are still able to workout if you choose to do so; however, I recommend sticking to something that isn't intense.
The Shakeology Cleanse is designed to optimize your body's performance. You want to have enough food to fuel your day and your workout. By eating foods that are high in fiber as well as nutrients, it is virtually impossible to overeat. With the high fiber, digestive aids, and enzymes, your body will be ridding itself of excess food and fat, and flushing out waste.
The Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse Details:
The Shakeology cleanse in unlike any other cleanse out there today. Something that makes it so different from other cleanses is the fact that the Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse is actually considered a "performance" cleanse because it is designed to be done along with a workout/fitness program. Like mentioned above, if you are doing an intense workout program such as Insanity, P90X, etc., it is best to do the cleanse during the recovery weeks where the workouts are not as intense.
Here is the daily meal plan that you are to follow for 3 consecutive days:
So, what kind of results did I get? My body's reaction to both times I did the cleanse was pretty similar. I did fantastic the first day and by the next morning, I was down 2 pounds. The second and third days got a little bit tougher with my willpower but I made it through! The first time I did the cleanse I lost 6 pounds! I recently did another cleanse and lost 4 pounds. I feel the reason being is because I have been a "clean eater" for a long enough period of time that I didn't have as many toxins and "junk" to get rid of. I will tell you; however, with the reduction of calories, there is a loss of energy, which is why I recommend sticking to a workout that is not intense, if doing any workout at all.
1. When thinking about when you want to begin the Cleanse, pick three busy days. The second time I did the Cleanse, I was home all three days with my daughters. We had very few errands to run and places to go. I found it very difficult to maintain my willpower with the kitchen being steps away, and worse yet, watching my daughters snack! When I did the Cleanse the first time, I wasn't busy from morning to night, but I was busy enough to keep my mind off of snacking.
2. I've mentioned this one a few times. I did choose to continue my workout program for the three days of the Cleanse; however, I skipped what the workout calendar said and picked workouts with the program that were less intense and low impact.
3. Drink a lot of water! You should be drinking a lot of water in your normal diet anyways; but you should especially pay attention and make sure you are drinking more than enough water throughout the Cleanse.
4.. STICK TO IT! I can't tell you how many times I wanted to steal one or two Goldfish crackers from my daughters; but, I didn't. In the end, it felt so good to not only see the great results, but to know that I didn't give in and got through all 3 days!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will I definitely lose weight?
* Most people WILL lose some weight but remember, weight loss is not the main goal of the Shakeology Cleanse. People with a lot of junk in their systems tend to lose the most weight from this cleanse. If you've been eating clean then there are less toxins and food left in our system to be rid of (another huge benefit of eating clean!). I am proof of that. The first time I did my cleanse it was still early in my transition to clean eating. I lost 6 pounds! The second time I did the cleanse, which was just in September, I only lost 4. I still felt great in the end and it actually made me feel proud that my body has really adjusted to clean eating and that there were less toxins in my system!
How many calories will I eat each day?
* The approximate calorie count is 800-1,100 per day. This depends on any extras you add such as fruits, nuts, seed, etc.
How often should I do the Shakeology Cleanse?
* First of all, the cleanse should not be done for more than 3 days in a row. This is because restricting calories can be stressful. Stress in the body releases the hormone cortisol and inhibits you from losing weight. It is ideal to do the cleanse every 3 months to keep you body clean of toxins and other food.
When is a good time to begin the Shakeology Cleanse?
* Although it is totally your decision as to when you want to begin your cleanse, I recommend one of the following three conditions:
** Before beginning a new fitness program
** Breaking a weight-loss plateau
** After a holiday or weekend where you ended up over indulging on unhealthy foods.
** When you just want to shed a few pounds!
Can I do a 1 or 2 day Cleanse?
* Yes, some people see results in 1 or 2 days! I know I did!
What is included in a 3 Day Cleanse Pack?
* When purchasing a 3 day cleanse pack from me, you will receive 3 packets of Green Tea and 9 Packets of Shakeology. Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Chocolate Vegan, Tropical Strawberry (Vegan), and Greenberry. It does not matter if you stick with one flavor through the cleanse, or if you mix it up a bit. Message me for flavors that I have in stock, as I may need to re-order flavors due to the consistent selling of Cleanse Packs. Each individual packet of Shakeology does contain a bit more than a serving, so if you order several packets of the same flavor, you will have some extra to use when your Cleanse is completed. You will then be able to try a couple of the yummy recipes!
How much does it cost?
* The cost is $50 per Cleanse Pack. If you are local, I can meet you with your pack. If you are out of the area, I will mail it to you (no charge for shipping).
How do I order?
Labels: 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse, Lisa Decker, Shakeology, Shakeology Cleanse, Successfully Fit