While you can find just about any Lara Bar flavor recipe if you Google it, this recipe is specific for Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1/2 cup Seedless/Pitted whole Dates
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1 Tbsp. All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup peanuts
1. Blend the Dates in a food processor until they are a paste like texture, then remove and place in a bowl.
2. Add the Cashews and Peanuts to the food processor and pulse until they are chopped fairly small.
3. Combine the Dates and Nut Mixture and add the Peanut Butter and Cinnamon.
4. Use your fingers and knead all ingredients until well mixed.
5. Using your hands, mold the mixture into individual bars. (If you find that the mixture is crumbly, add a few tablespoons of warm water and process again).
6. Wrap each bar separately in plastic wrap, or in a Zip Lock baggie.
7. Refrigerate bars after making them to maintain freshness. Try letting them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before eating one.
~ Another option is to form the mixture into ball shapes and use as a "power ball." They are delicious no matter what shape they are in!
* This recipes makes about 3 bars, so, if you are wanting to make more, change the recipe accordingly.
I hope you enjoy this snack as much as I do!