In order to make healthy choices over the Thanksgiving holiday, there has to actually BE healthy choices to choose from! I found this recipe from 100 Days of Real Food and it is a DELICIOUS Pumpkin Fluff dessert that doesn't use Cool Whip and Pudding! Remember, it is still considered a dessert, not something to add to your daily diet. If you are taking or serving a dessert at your Thanksgiving table, I would highly recommend this one. My two and three year old LOVED it, so I consider that a success!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (Plain Greek Yogurt is a healthier alternative)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- cinnamon to garnish
- Dip dippers of your choice: apple slices and/or whole wheat graham crackers work great!
- Combine the heavy cream, cream cheese (or Greek Yogurt), syrup, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl. Mix with electric beaters on low and blend unit the cream cheese is broken up and no longer has big clumps. You will not have the clump issue if using Greek Yogurt. At that point, turn the mixer to high speed and blend until mixture thickens...about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn the speed back down to low and carefully blend in the pumpkin puree.
- Viol la! Transfer dip into a serving dish, sprinkle a little cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice on top, and serve with your choice of dippers.
**Store leftover dip in the refrigerator.
This recipes serves 8-10.
Give it a try and let me know your thoughts! Enjoy!