Time for a Turkey Recipe! It's so easy to get lost in the butter and sodium that many Thanksgiving turkeys have; however, that just adds to the tired, bloated feeling that you get after you eat it. Here is a great recipe to try!
- 1 split bone-in, skin-on turkey breast (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tsp minced Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 1 Tsp. Minced Fresh Sage Leaves
- 2 Tsp. Minced Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat over to 425 Degrees F. Place turkey breast, skin-side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and zest, herbs, salt and pepper. Using your fingers, gently loosen skin from turkey breast meat without removing it completely. Rub herb-oil mixture under skin and all over turkey breast meat (including underneath breast as well).
- Roast, skin side-up, for 50 to 60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast (test in a few places to make sure).
- Cover the turkey with foil and let it rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin, then cut turkey breast from the bone.
- Slice meat and serve!