Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

6 Ingredients, 2 Steps, and 20 Minutes is all you Need!

Like most people, I enjoy a cookie here and there over the holidays.  While I'm sure I will have a few within the next couple of weeks, I wanted to search for some clean eating cookies that I could enjoy without the guilt.  I came across this one from a Clean Eating Magazine and decided to give it a try! It was, of course, delicious! Even better, it is a low-sugar, dairy-free, and no-flour recipe!  I'm not much of a baker and as usual, my cookies didn't come out as pretty as the ones from the recipe, so I decided to use the picture from the magazine.  Like any treat, mind your portion sizes.  This isn't something that you should be chowing down on every day! 


Ingredients:


Directions:
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Stir first 5 ingredients together in a medium bowl, then add in and stir chocolate.
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and drop dough by rounded tablespoon fulls.   Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then on a wire rack for an additional 15 minutes. 


Nutritional Facts (per cookie): 
Calories: 110
Total Fat: 8 grams
Sat. Fat: 1.5 grams
Carbs: 10 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Sugars: 7 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Sodium: 55 mg
Cholesterol: 10 mg


This is a very interesting nutritional bonus fact that I also got from the magazine: "While dark chocolate contains potent antioxidants, think twice before enjoying it with milk.  Researchers have found that the bittersweet treat's free radical fighters may being with the protein in milk, interfering with antioxidant absorption and possibly negating any associated health benefits."

Good to know!


Give these cookies a try and let me know your thoughts!

Enjoy!







Labels: , , , ,