Who doesn't love a good Slow Cooker meal?! This is one that you can prepare the night before in the slow cooker insert and keep in the refrigerator so that it is ready to be placed in the slow cooker before you head off to work in the morning. It's perfect for busy families!
Ingredients: (Makes approximately 7 servings)
- 1 1/2 lb raw chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz) jar of your favorite clean salsa (look for salsa that is low in sodium)
- 1 pound frozen corn
- 1 pound of fresh (or frozen) mixed bell peppers - if fresh, cut into small pieces
- 3 100% whole wheat tortillas
- Olives and Yogurt for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker insert and place everything over it. (You can do this the morning of, or you can do this the night before and cover and place in the refrigerator).
- Place your insert into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours (8 hours did the trick for me).
- When cooking is finished, stir everything up and break apart the chicken.
- You can serve garnished with some sliced black olives or a dab of yogurt.
Simply as that! Enjoy!
Recipe Source: The Gracious Pantry
Labels: Clean Eating, Clean Eating Slow Cooker Meals, Healthy Crock Pot Meals, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Successfully Fit