I do prefer Brown Rice over Quinoa; however, I found this recipe and thought I'd give it a try. It was delicious and was a nice change.
* 1/2 small chopped onion
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1 cup Quinoa
* 2 cups chopped broccoli
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1/4 cup roasted almond, coarsely chopped
* salt and pepper
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and season with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to brown (about 4 minutes)
4. Add the Quinoa and 1 1/2 cups of water to the saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer gently until almost all the water has evaporated (about 10-12 minutes).
5. Add the broccoli and raisins into the Quinoa, cover and cook until the Quinoa and broccoli are tender (about another 8-10 minutes).
6. Remove from heat and add the almonds and 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Labels: Broccoli Quinoa Pilaf, Clean Eating, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Quinoa Recipes, Successfully Fit