Chicken Stir Fry

In the past, my  idea of making Chicken Stir Fry was going to the freezer aisle and buying some pre-made bag that I would dump into a skillet and pour on some mystery sauce that came with it.  My husband would always say that he wanted homemade stir fry but I always felt like it was too much work. Well, I decided to give it a try!  I searched for some good looking recipes and found one, but put my spin on it.  When my 3 year old daughter and I went to the grocery store yesterday, she helped me pick out all of the veggies to be included.  The once thing that I did mean to buy (it's included in the ingredients list but isn't shown in the pictures) is edamame, but I totally skipped it on my list!  

So I made this Chicken Stir Fry tonight and it was AMAZING!  Everyone loved it!  Although I had, and took, the time to cut everything up right before dinner, this would be a great meal to prep either on Sunday or the night before you plan to make it.  You could just have everything cut up in baggie's, or in one big baggie and you'd be ready to go come dinner time.  By that point it would only take about 15 minutes to make!  

I used the following ingredients; however, you could add whatever veggies you like!  This makes approximately 6 servings.



Ingredients:
* 1 Green Bell Pepper
* 1 Red Bell Pepper
* 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
* 1 Cup Mushrooms
* 2 Celery Sticks
* 1 Cup Baby Carrots 
* 1/2 diced white onion
* About 20 edamame 
* 1 cup baby cob corn (my girls like these so I added them; however, I stayed away from eating them).
* 1 head of broccoli
* 4 chicken breasts (chopped into 1 inch pieces) 
* 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
* 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
* 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
* Dash of Pepper

Directions:
1. Wash all of the veggies. Pre-dice the peppers, onion, celery, and carrots. Chop the head of broccoli and remove the beans out of the pods of the edamame. 
2. Pour olive oil in skillet and place on medium heat. Place veggies into the skillet and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes before adding the raw chicken followed by the Soy Sauce and lemon juice. 
3. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.  I covered my skillet; however it is not necessary.

It is a very satisfying meal and makes for great leftovers!  I served it on brown rice.  


Enjoy!



Labels: , , , ,