Chicken Pineapple Stir Fry

Ok let's face it, chicken is pretty boring.  My family eats a good bit of chicken, so finding new ways to spice it up is always a plus.  I was a little unsure of this recipe but figured I'd give it a try.  My husband is a trooper and is great about taking leftovers for the experimental meals that don't turn out so great, but let me tell you, this was NOT one them!  I actually kept the leftovers for myself!


Chicken Stir Fry

Spicy Pineapple Sauce 
(This makes about 4 cups; however, you only need 1 cup for the recipe.  You can store the leftovers for another day).
Ingredients:

Directions:
1. Place all of the ingredients (EXCEPT WHITE WINE VINEGAR) for the sauce in a food processor.  Process until you get a smooth sauce.  I actually use my big blender to do this and it worked great!
2. Add the sauce to a pot with the vinegar and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. 
3. Pour the sauce into a glass jar, and place in simmering water for 10 minutes.
4. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and place on medium-high heat.  Add the chicken cubes and cook for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
5. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.  Add the pineapple cubes, green/red peppers, and onions.  Cook for about 5 minutes (just enough so that the veggies are still crisp).
6. Add the pineapple sauce to the mixture and bring to a boil.  Simmer for about 4 minutes.  
7. Add the chicken back to the skillet, combining everything together, and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes, making sure everything is warm. 
8. If you find the sauce a bit too spicy, try adding some more pineapple juice.


Enjoy!!





Labels: , , , , , ,