A friend of mine posted this recipe last week and I immediately knew I wanted to try it. It originally came from www.paleoleap.com
. The only changes I made was that I reduced the amount of chicken and sweet potatoes that the original recipe called for. I knew it would be a hit with my husband because he's a pretty big fan of buffalo chicken and it certainly didn't disappoint!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes.
- 4 sweet potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken and sweet potatoes and stir to coat.
- Empty the bowl into a casserole dish and bake in the over for approximately 45-50 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes.
- Add the green onions (I used a sweet onion) and bacon to the dish and place back in the oven for another 5 or so minutes to let all the flavors combine.
Labels: Buffalo Chicken, Clean Eating, dinner ideas, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Successfully Fit, Sweet Potato Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Sweet Potatoes