Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Buffalo Chicken is such a popular recipe so I'm sure this one isn't quite as new to you.  Yes, you can use this recipe as a dip with tortilla chips or even on whole wheat tortillas for chicken wraps.  I, however, tried something new. I swore up and down that I would never replace a sandwich bun or wrap for lettuce, but I thought I'd give it a try.  I was pleasantly surprised!  They were delicious!  This recipe makes plenty to have for leftovers, so, my husband took chicken wraps for his lunch a couple of days this week and I stuck with the lettuce wraps.  This is definitely something I will be adding to my lunch/dinner rotation. 


Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken, Lettuce Wraps, Clean Eating Crock  Pot Meals


Ingredients:



Directions:

  1. Add chicken, onion, garlic, and chicken stock to your crock pot.  Cover the chicken with Franks Red Hot JUST enough to cover.  Add Tabasco if you want it to be spicy or replace Franks with Tabasco.  Tabasco has A LOT less sodium so I actually chose to use Tabasco with a little bit of Franks. 
  2. Cook on low heat for 7 hours.  
  3. Once cooked, set aside 1/2 cup of broth and pour out the remaining.
  4. Return the chicken and 1/2 cup of saved broth to the crock pot and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes. You should be able to easily pull apart the chicken.

You can serve as an appetizer, quick dinner, as lettuce or tortilla wraps, or even as a dip!  It's a pretty versatile meal!  


Enjoy!

Recipe Source:  www.heandsheeatclean.com

Labels: , , , , , ,