Here is a WONDERFUL roasted chicken recipe to try! I got it from the TurboFire nutrition guide. Use the leftovers throughout the rest of the week for chicken salads and chicken wraps!
- 1 (3-5lb) raw whole chicken
- 1/2 lemon (or 2 crushed garlic cloves)
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary (or thyme, sage, or marjoram)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Clean chicken and squeeze lemon juice throughout the inside.
- Rub rosemary, salt, and pepper on the outside of the chicken. (I rubbed it with a bit of EVOO before doing this).
- Place chicken breast-side-up on rack in roasting pan. (I also filled the bottom of my roasting pan with a small layer of water and covered the pan in foil. I removed the foil for the last 30 minutes).
- Bake 70-120 minutes depending on the size of the chicken; or until the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. (I used a 5 lb chicken and it took two hours.)
- Serve chicken without skin.
TIP: If you are using fresh herbs, increase the amount to 3 Tbsp.
Labels: Chicken Recipes, Clean Eating, Herb Roasted Chicken, Lisa Decker, Roasted Chicken, Successfully Fit