Boy do I have some BIG news! So, although I love several different Beachbody programs, I have one specific trainer that is my FAVORITE! Chalene Johnson! When I first started on my health and fitness journey, I chose TurboFire as my main workout program. I spent my entire Summer of 2013 waking up early and spending it with Chalene, doing high intensity cardio kickboxing workouts. I never got sick of it and I never got sick of her motivation to keep me going. She is a fabulous trainer and is such a motivational speaker. Although I have moved on to different workouts, I find myself squeezing in some Chalene workouts because they are fun and effective. When I got the invite to meet a celebrity trainer at Coach Summit this year, I knew that Chalene would be at the top of my list! Not to my surprise, it was announced several months ago that she would be coming out with a new workout called PiYo. My first thought, and maybe yours, was what the heck is PiYo?
I knew that no matter what is was, I planned on giving it a try!
So, to answer my question....what IS PiYo anyways?
PiYo is a Pilates and Yoga inspired full-body workout that helps build strength, endurance, and flexibility without jumps, without weights (convenient for traveling), and without joint strain. Using body weight, PiYo uses low-impact, high-intensity movements. It is perfect for someone who is just starting out, or someone who is very fit. The more "fit" you become, the more flexibility training is needed in order to continue to build muscle.
The results? Long, lean muscles, a high firm booty, and tight, flat abs. PiYo works every muscle to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen ever inch of your body, not to mention the crazy calorie burn!
This is truly the first of its kind in Beachbody home fitness programs. I've had a lot of people come to me asking for a program that doesn't involve a lot of jumping, isn't tough on knees and ankles, yet is still effective. This is it! PiYo has actually been in gyms for years, but this is a first for non-gym goers who do home fitness programs, like me!
So, needless to say, one of the biggest events that I am looking forward to doing when I head to Vegas next week, is a LIVE PiYo workout with none other than, Chalene Johnson!
Here is how she describes her workout:
PiYo™, a strength workout, is all about working it to get the most for your money. It’s the perfect blend of many disciplines: sports training, core conditioning, dance, stretch, and athletic drills that will help kick up the calorie burn and build muscle! The dynamic blend of movement increases strength, core stability, and agility. This workout provides an incredible experience and helps you lose weight.
Another big question....how many workouts and how long are they?
There are 8 total workouts ranging from 25 to 45 minutes, plus, if you order through me, as your coach, you get a 9th bonus workout for free!
What PiYo Workouts Included?
- Align (46 mins): The Fundamentals (46 mins)
- Upper Body (18 mins): this focused workout will strengthen and stretch your entire body, while building on the movement patterns you have learned in Align.
- Define: Lower Body (25 mins) will shape and tone everything from your glutes, hamstrings, quads and calves gently, yet effectively to help you get sleek and lean legs.
- Sweat (35 mins) is a traditional PiYo Workout that is fast paced with body weight strength training and ab work!
- Core (30 mins) an ab-centric workout that targets every angle of the abdominals and back. I’ve read this will be a calorie-torcher too!
- Drench (45 mins) is a total body workout to get you sweaty, burning calories, and going to have your metabolism on fire!
- Strength Intervals (25 mins) designed to tone the whole body and burn tons of calories with no weights required!
- Sculpt (30 mins) no weights are required for this intense, full-body workout either!
- Get the full set when they go on sale by signing up for an email reminder.
- You’ll receive 9 workouts total plus get them 2 weeks earlier through a coach – sign up to get them first here.
Also, as a coach you can receive 25% off your PiYo Purchase as well! So make sure to ask me about the preferred customer discount.
So when is it coming out already?!!
The launch of PiYo will happen on June 19th, in Vegas, at Coach Summit. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to score my copy there! The public release is going to be on Monday, June 23rd.
Time: TBA. I will be updating my Facebook Page
, Facebook Like Page
, and my blog with the latest and greatest info, so be sure to follow me!
So would you be interested in being a part of my first PiYo test group when the program comes out?
I will be running a closed online accountability group that will help you learn the ins and outs of the program, as well as provide you with support, accountability, and motivation to keep you on track throughout the rest of the Summer season! Meal planning will also be incorporated into the group! The requirements will be purchasing the new PiYo challenge pack which includes a one month supply of Shakeology
, as well as having me as your coach! Be sure to reserve your spot on the list of the first people to score their copy and grab a spot! The first group will begin July 7th!!!
CLICK HERE to join the closed Facebook group and fill out the application below!
Labels: Beachbody, Becoming a Beachbody Coach, Chalene Johnson, Fitness Groups, Fitness Results, Lisa Decker, Meal Plans, Pilates, PiYo, Successfully Fit, What is PiYo, Yoga