A challenger of mine posted this recipe in our group and I thought I'd give it a try. I don't make a lot of zucchini recipes and had some to spare from my parents garden this week, so it's definitely been a zucchini week! My husband is a non-vegetable person and really liked this dinner! So....it's a keeper!
|Stuffed Zucchini |
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, halved, seeds and pulp removed (I did use some of the pulp to mix in with the other vegetables)
- 1 Red, Yellow, or Green Bell pepper (I used a combination of all three!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing: In a large pan on medium-high, heat 1 tsp oil. Add garlic, peppers, onion and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 tsp oil, vinegar, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon an equal amount of stuffing into each zucchini half. Bake on a foil-lined cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
Recipe Source: Clean Eating Magazine
Labels: Clean Eating, Healthy Dinner Ideas, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Stuffed Zucchini, Successfully Fit, Zucchini Recipes