How could you not love anything with the word S'mores in it?! Throughout the summer my family has had several campfires. Yes, S'mores are definitely a part of them! My husband is so obsessed that I went out and bought him an official S'more maker! I'm sure it isn't surprising to hear that they aren't that good for you! I stumbled across this recipe from a random website while looking for new dinner ideas. It is called Simply Taralynn. I knew right off the bat that this would be a big hit at my house so I made sure I had all of the ingredients so I could give it a try. Sure enough, I was right! Everyone loved it!
|Campfire S'mores |
* 3 Tbsp of natural popcorn kernels
* 1 Marshmellow
* 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
* 1 1/2 Graham Crackers - break in to small pieces
* Small handful of Walnuts (or pecan halves)
1. Pop 3 Tbsp of natural popcorn kernels (I place them in a brown paper bag, fold the bag over, and microwave for 2 minutes).
2. Dump popcorn in to a microwave safe bowl and place a large marshmallow on top.
3. Microwave for 30 seconds.
4. Remove from the microwave and mix immediately, otherwise the marshmallow will harden.
5. Top the popcorn/marshmallow mixture with dark chocolate chips, graham crackers, and walnuts/pecan halves.
Labels: Campfire S'mores, Healthy Eating, Lisa Decker, S'mores, Successfully Fit