A friend of mine recommended this oven baked fajitas recipe in one of my challenge groups and, being a family who loves fajitas, I knew I had to give it a try! I sometimes feel like making fajitas can be a pain when cooking everything in a skillet and let me tell you, this is the PERFECT solution! Throw everything in one dish, pop it in the oven and viola!
|Oven Baked Fajitas|
- 1 pound boneless chicken; cut into strips
- 2 Tbs EVOO
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 diced plum tomatoes
- 6 oz canned diced tomatoes - no salt added
- 1 small can of diced green chilies
- 1 medium onion; sliced
- 1 large bell pepper (red, green, yellow)
- Mexican Blend Cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the veggies and chicken in strips.
- Place chicken strips in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Mix tomatoes and green chilies in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. (Cheese can be added within the last several minutes of cooking)
**You can serve with tortilla shells, wraps, brown rice, or Quinoa!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!