There is no denying that we are a PIZZA loving family! Occasionally I will splurge and count take out pizza as a cheat for the week; however, when I make pizza for dinner, I always get a whole wheat pizza crust, some all natural sauce, a little cheese, and load it with veggies on top. I was in need of something different and considering how much we love buffalo chicken dip, I thought I'd go in search of a healthy buffalo chicken recipe. After finding some recipes, I came up with this one! It was definitely a hit! I have to say, my girls are not big fans of buffalo chicken so I did pull some of the non-seasoned chicken aside for them.
|Buffalo Chicken Pizza|
- One 100% whole wheat pizza crust (or you can get a whole wheat/multi grain dough)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank's), divided
- 1 lb raw, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese
- handful of green onions (for garnish)
(Preheat oven to 500 degrees F)
1. Place chicken breast in skillet and season with 1/2 cup buffalo sauce. Cook on medium heat until cooked through. Remove from skilled and shred. While chicken is cooking saute onion in small skillet.
2. Combine remaining 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce with Greek yogurt in small bowl and mix well.
3. Spread the yogurt sauce mixture evenly over the pizza shell.
4. Layer the chicken and onions evenly over the sauce.
5. Top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Place the pizza on oven rack for approximately 8-10 minutes.
7. Top with a small handful of green onions
I served this pizza with a side salad loaded with veggies! Sounds like the perfect pizza night to me!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Labels: Buffalo Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Clean Eating, Healthy Pizza Alternatives, Meal Planning, Pizza Recipes