Here is another pumpkin recipe! These muffins were super good! My daughters pretty much ate every single one. They tasted like pumpkin pie! I did not add protein powder but it is noted below that you can. And, my muffins did come out pretty flat. They definitely didn't look like the beautifully shaped overflowing muffin from the Beachbody website (which is where I got the recipe from) :)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- If you'd like to turn these in to protein muffins, then you can add 2 scoops of protein powder, Vanilla flavor
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with spray.
- Place egg, egg white, pumpkin, banana, almond butter, and maple syrup in blender and cover. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg (add protein powder if doing so as well) to blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer muffins to rack and let cool.
Labels: Clean Eating, Lisa Decker, Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Protein Muffins, Pumpkin Recipes, Successfully Fit