I'm always looking for non-chicken recipes and I found a FABULOUS one that was a hit at tonight's dinner table! As an added bonus, it is a crock pot recipe that is super easy to put together. Oh, and it makes for great leftovers too! I found this recipe on the 100 Days of Real Food website. It also contains all 21 Day Fix approved ingredients!
|Flank Steak Fajitas|
- 1 1/2 lbs Flank steak
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 2-5 bell peppers (color of your choice)
- 100 percent whole wheat tortilla
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Shredded lettuce/spinach (optional)
- Combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture over the flank steak and place steak at the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the soy sauce on top of the steak.
- Top with diced jalapeno and minced garlic.
- To top it off, add the sliced bell peppers and onion.
- Turn the slow cooker on HIGH and cook for 5 1/2-6 hours. Steak should be easily shredded.
- Drain the meat and peppers well then serve on a 100% whole wheat tortilla with toppings of your choice.
Busy Tip: During my typical meal prep time on Sunday, I sliced all of the peppers and onion. Today, it literally took me about 5 minutes to put this together before letting it cook for the day. The kitchen smelled great and the meal tasted even better!