Last Minute Tips for Staying on Track this Christmas!

Merry Christmas!!!  I can not believe it is already Christmas Eve!  I feel like I was just heading to my in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner!  So, I wanted to do a last minute post on some of my tips that I will be following these next few days, in hopes that they will help you too.   We have a couple of choices that we can make today and especially tomorrow.  First, we can just throw in the towel, over indulge and eat whatever the heck we want for the next couple of days, or we can find a happy balance.  I'm sure it's no surprise to you that I plan to find that happy balance.  It's called the 80/20 rule.  80% of my day will be spent eating healthy, nutritious foods that will keep me on track, and 20% will be a little indulging. So, here are the tips that I will be faithfully following....

1. Get your workout in!  So, I am making sure to get my workout in today so that I don't have to worry about running out of time.  I will be heading to my in-laws in a little while and will be there until late tonight, so, if I don't get my workout in this morning, it's not going to happen.  I know that I will indulge in a couple of treats here and there, so getting a good workout in will help to balance out those choices.  

2. Drink your Shakeology!  You better believe that both Christmas Eve and Christmas day will be started with my daily dose of nutrients!  This is mainly in part to the fact that I can get my chocolate fix first thing in the morning!  I actually plan to have an extra shake each day as a snack.  It's a much better alternative to eating those Christmas cookies that will be lying around.  Plus, it will keep me feeling fuller a lot longer than a cookie!  My secret is to add a little all natural peanut butter and even some caramel extract to give it a true "treat" taste!


3. Have a plan!  Like any holiday or family/friend get together, it's very important that you have some sort of plan for the day.  If you aren't sure what is being served, then take a healthy side dish or appetizer that you know you will be able to eat in the event that there isn't much else.  Also, make sure you know what time your family meals are.  The last thing you want to do is starve yourself all day waiting for your special dinner.  In doing so, you will end up over indulging and feel full and bloated by the time dinner is over.  If dinner isn't until later in the day then plan out the rest of your day!  Make sure you pack and eat healthy snacks like fruit, almonds, yogurt, etc.  There is not reason why you should throw the whole day away and eat everything in sight.  Trust me, you will regret it!

3. Don't drink all of your calories!  Mixed drinks are filled with sugar and calories.  For every alcoholic drink you plan to have, drink a glass a water beforehand.  That will help to prevent you from drinking all of your calories.

4. No mindless eating!  What does that mean?  Chances are you will be sitting around a table or counter at some point today or tomorrow talking with friends and/or family.  Typically when this happens a bowl or plate full of junk is sitting there too.  You want your focus to be on socializing, not dipping your hand into the cookie plate. Trust me, speaking from experience, you would eat a dozen cookies without even thinking about it!

5. Drink Up!  Water that is!  You want to aim to drink half of your body weight in ounces, of water, every day.  A holiday is no different. I don't know about you, but the main meat that will be served at both Christmas dinners that I will be attending is ham.  Ham is loaded with sodium!  So, drinking enough water for me shouldn't be an issue!  Staying hydrated will also help to keep you feeling fuller, longer.


6. Feel comfortable with your choices.  Just because you may be denying the extra cookies or extra helping of food at the dinner table doesn't mean you are being rude.  You want to end the night feeling comfortable with what you ate, not guilty.  I know something tough for me is to see everyone else put their hands on the cookie and treat tray.  I have to remind myself that I don't want to go backwards with my results, I want to move forward,  Quite frankly, starting over SUCKS!



Most importantly, know that what you are doing is a lifestyle change. It's not a quick fix, it's something that will keep you feeling great!  The minute you start looking at it as something that is a "pain" to do, or something that is a burden to you,  you will begin to make excuses.  Don't let it happen! 
fitness motivation

That's what I've got for you today!  If you are interested in starting the New Year New You accountability group that begins on Monday January 5th,  please fill out and submit the application below.  Let's start 2015 off with crushing those New Years Resolutions!

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!



Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

Labels: , , , , ,