Good Morning! We are one day away from Super Bowl Sunday, and here in Central PA we are about one day away from yet another snow storm. Noooooo!!!!
ANYWAYS, I came across a Beachbody Blog that had soooo many good looking recipes and thought that I would pick a handful to share. Seriously, my mouth was watering after reading through some of these!! Who says you need to have junk food during the Superbowl?!!
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
|Baked Corn Tortilla Chips|
15 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with spray. Arrange in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
3. Sprinkle with salt.
Healthier 7 Layer-Dip
|7 Layer Dip|
2 medium ripe avocados
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 dash ground black pepper
8 oz low-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, no salt added
1 (15-oz) can nonfat refried beans, warm
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed, sliced thin
2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar (or pepper jack) cheese (½ oz)
1. Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
2. Add lime juice, salt, and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine yogurt and taco seasoning in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Top serving platter with beans, avocado mixture, yogurt mixture, tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and cheese.
5. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
21 Day Fixers: 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1/2 Blue/Orange
Yield: 8 servings, ¼ cup each
10 oz. fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups), steamed until wilted
1½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt, drained
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Place spinach in colander; drain of all excess water.
2. Finely chop spinach; place in a medium bowl.
3. Add yogurt, garlic, green onions, and lemon juice; mix well.
4. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
21 Day Fixers: 1 Green
4 (6½-inch) whole wheat pitas
¾ cup all-natural spaghetti sauce, no salt added
2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (½ cup)
¼ medium onion, sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into rings
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Top pitas evenly with spaghetti sauce, basil, cheese, onion, and bell pepper.
3. Place pitas on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
21 Day Fixers: 1 Green, 1/2 Red, 1 Yellow, 1/2 tsp.
Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
|Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers|
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
Nonstick cooking spray (or olive oil cooking spray)
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. water
1 lb. raw chicken breast tenders, skinless
1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
½ cup finely chopped sliced almonds
1 dash tsp. sea salt
1 dash tsp. ground black pepper
1. Combine honey, mustard, and vinegar in a small bowl; mix well. Chill.
2. Preheat oven to 425° F.
3. Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
4. Combine eggs and water in a medium shallow bowl; whisk to blend.
5. Soak chicken in egg mixture for 30 minutes, turning once; set aside.
6. Combine bread crumbs, almonds, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine.
7. Working with a few pieces at a time, lift chicken from egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, and drop into bag containing bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat; repeat with remaining chicken.
8.Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle and golden brown.
9. Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
21 Day Fixers: 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue/Orange
Sweet Potato Skins with Chicken and Spinach
|Sweet Potato Skins with Chicken and Spinach|
4 baked medium sweet potatoes, cut in half
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
4 oz shredded cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, no salt added
1 cup steamed spinach
8 Tbsp. low-fat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Scoop flesh out of the sweet potatoes and reserve for another use.
3. Place skins on a baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
4. While skins are baking, combine chicken and taco seasoning in a s mall bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Top each sweet potato half evenly with spinach, chicken mixture, yogurt, and cilantro.
21 Day Fixers: 1 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Red
4 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
2 tsp. olive oil
½ medium lime
1 dash chili powder
Sea salt (to taste, optional)
½ cup cooked pinto beans, warm
4 oz cheddar (or jack) cheese, shredded
2 medium tomatoes chopped
½ medium onion, finely chopped
½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
½ medium jalapeno, seeds and veins discarded, finely chopped
¼ medium avocado, chopped
4 fresh cilantro sprigs, chopped
2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
3. Squeeze lime over chips. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt (if desired).
4. Arrange half of the tortilla chips in a medium baking dish. Layer with half the beans and cheese. Repeat.
5. Bake chip mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
6. Top with tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro, and yogurt.
21 Day Fixers: 1 Green, 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue/Orange
For more recipes as well as the detailed nutrition fact from the Beachbody Blog click HERE!