Ok so I've made various versions of Chicken Fajitas but I have to say, this one definitely takes the prize! This is yet another fabulous recipe from the 21 Day Fix Extreme Eating Plan.
For those of your who follow the 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme plan, here is the breakdown:
1/2 Purple 1/2 Blue, 2 Green, 1 Red
This recipe makes 4 servings at 2 fajitas each.
|Chicken Fajitas |
* 1 tsp. chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. sea salt
* 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 2 tsp. olive oil (divided use)
* 4 (6oz) raw, skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut in to 1/2 inch strips
* 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut in to strips (I used a mix of green, red, and yellow)
* 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
* 8 large romaine (or butter) lettuce leaves
* 1/2 medium avocado, sliced thin
* 1 cup fresh salsa
* You can serve with lime wedges for garnish if desired
1. Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 tsp. of olive oil in a large Zip-lock bag.
2. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion to the baggie. Mix gently to coat.
3. Refrigerate for approx. 15 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Empty contents of bag into skillet and cook, stirring frequently. Let cook for about 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove from heat and add lime juice.
7. Evenly top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture, avocado, and salsa.
8. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
**You can also use beef sirloin or even shrimp in place of the chicken.
Labels: 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, 21 Day Fix Extreme Recipes, 21 Day Fix Recipes, Chicken Fajitas, Clean Eating, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Successfully Fit