I tried out this new recipe from a fellow Coach the other night and it came out GREAT! It made enough for leftovers, which is a bonus in this house! In addition, it's a crock pot recipe! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
* 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 6 mini sweet peppers, cut or diced into small pieces
* 1 medium onion
* 1 can organic black beans
* 1 can low sodium corn
* 1 large can of organic diced tomatoes
* 4 cups of vegetable broth (I use organic)
* 1 1/2 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp chilli powder
* light shredded cheese
1. Cook the chicken on high for 4 hours in the slow cooker with some broth
(I just added broth enough to cover the chicken) and 1/2 an onion.
cooked, cut the chicken in to small pieces, or you can shred it.
3. Add the rest of the onion, sweet peppers, black
beans, corn, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, cumin, pepper and chilli
powder. Cook on high for about 1 hour.
4. Sprinkle some cheese, top with some left over sweet peppers, and enjoy!
**You can also serve with a side of yellow or black corn tortilla chips!
Labels: Clean Eating, Crock Pot Recipes, Healthy dinners, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Nacho Soup, Successfully Fit