Peanut Butter Squares

Calling ALL Peanut Butter lovers!! I've got a recipe for YOU!  I certainly can't take credit for this recipe. It came from Autumn Calabrese's FIXATE cookbook, which is full of 21 Day Fix Approved Recipes!  THIS recipe, which is called Peanutty Peanut Butter Squares is definitely something that you want to reserve for a "treat."  They are delicious and hit the spot PERFECTLY! My 3 year old helped me make and taste test them. As I suspected, they were a hit! 

Here is the container count for those following the color coded portion control plan:
The recipe below makes 16 squares.  1 square is equivalent to 1 yellow and 2 1/2 teaspoons. 

21 Day Fix Treats, 21 Day Fix Desserts, 21 Day Fix Plan, Peanut Butter Squares, Fixate Cookbook, 21 Day Fix Cookbook
Peanut Butter Squares

Ingredients:

Directions: 
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
  2. Lightly coat an 8x8 inch baking pan with spray. Set aside.
  3. Combine peanut butter, honey, extract, eggs, and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well. 
  4. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. (It gets pretty sticky)
  5. Bake for 20 minutes. Squares will be a bit soft straight out of the oven so let cool before cutting.
  6. Cut in to 16 squares.
Confession Time!  My 3 year old talked me in to adding a handful of dark chocolate chips to a small portion of the pan. I just set them right on top and they baked in perfectly.  


Give them a try and let me know what you think! 

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,