Calling ALL Peanut Butter lovers!! I've got a recipe for YOU! I certainly can't take credit for this recipe. It came from Autumn Calabrese's FIXATE cookbook, which is full of 21 Day Fix Approved Recipes! THIS recipe, which is called Peanutty Peanut Butter Squares is definitely something that you want to reserve for a "treat." They are delicious and hit the spot PERFECTLY! My 3 year old helped me make and taste test them. As I suspected, they were a hit!
Here is the container count for those following the color coded portion control plan:
The recipe below makes 16 squares. 1 square is equivalent to 1 yellow and 2 1/2 teaspoons.
|Peanut Butter Squares|
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of all natural peanut butter (creamy, not chunky)
- 1/2 cup raw honey OR pure maple syrup (I used honey)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, gluten-free
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat an 8x8 inch baking pan with spray. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, extract, eggs, and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. (It gets pretty sticky)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Squares will be a bit soft straight out of the oven so let cool before cutting.
- Cut in to 16 squares.
Confession Time! My 3 year old talked me in to adding a handful of dark chocolate chips to a small portion of the pan. I just set them right on top and they baked in perfectly.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Labels: 21 Day Fix Cookbook, 21 Day Fix Desserts, 21 Day Fix Plan, 21 Day Fix Treats, Fixate Cookbook, Lisa Decker, Peanut Butter Squares, Successfully Fit