One of my favorite things about getting a new fitness program are the new recipes that come in the nutrition guide. The Master's Hammer and Chisel did not disappoint! I knew as soon as I saw this recipe I wanted it to be the first one to try. Yes, it's chicken...again, but it was SO good! I DEFINITELY plan to make this a part of the dinner rotation. It's a great alternative to just using bread crumbs. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
**This recipe is from the Hammer and Chisel nutrition guide; however, I did take some different steps in cooking it.**
|Almond Crusted Chicken|
Ingredients: (Makes 6 servings)
- 6 (4oz) raw chicken breats, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon peek (zest)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or extra virgin coconut oil)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
- Place each chicken breast on a cutting board, hold it flat, and carefully slice it in half horizontally. (I personally just bought a package of thinly sliced chicken breasts)
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet (tenderize) until it is about twice the original size. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Mix well and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg and water in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Dip each chicken breat into the egg mixture, followed by the almond flour mixture, until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and add chicken breasts. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook for about 2 minutes before transferring chicken on to a baking pan.
- Place chicken in the over for about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (thickest part of the chicken should reach a temp of 165 degrees F on a thermometer).
I served mine with some mixed veggies and a sweet potato.
If you follow the color coded portion control containers, then this would be 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 orange, and 1 tsp.
Labels: 21 Day Fix Recipes, Almond Crusted Chicken, Clean Eating, Hammer and Chisel, Hammer and Chisel Nutrition Guide, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Successfully Fit, The Masters Hammer and Chisel