OMG!!! This was sooooo good!! I certainly can not take the credit for this! I found this recipe on The Gracious Pantry and there was nothing that I wanted to change with it! What I did do; however, was increase some of the amounts of each ingredient (from the original recipe) in order to be enough for my whole family (2 toddlers / 2 adults). This would definitely make for a GREAT Easter brunch if you are looking for something new this year!
|Strawberry Banana French Toast Casserole|
Ingredients: (Serves 4-5)
- 8 slices bread (gluten-free or whole grain), crust trimmed, cut into cubes (Ezekiel bread would be great too!)
- 1 1/2 bananas, mashed
- 10 strawberries, diced
- 3/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking dish with spray oil. Place cubed bread in baking dish. Mix mashed banana, strawberries, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Pour milk mixture over bread cubes and toss gently until bread is evenly coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup.