It is C-O-L-D outside here in Central PA! I'm talking 20 degrees cold! So, I thought it was the perfect day to make some warm chicken noodle soup! I actually got this recipe from the Fixate cookbook by Autumn Calabrese. I typically make chicken noodle soup in my crock pot but when I saw the word EASY in the recipe, I knew I had to give it a try! Sure enough, it is definitely easy to make!!
|Chicken Noodle Soup |
Ingredients: (Make 4 servings at 1 1/2 cups each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery (about 4 medium stalks)
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups dry whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Gluten Free: You can substitute with rice pasta or quinoa pasta for the whole wheat pasta.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes (or until the onion is translucent).
- Add broth, chicken, carrots, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, reduce heat to low and gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Top with cilantro before serving.
For those who follow the color coded portion control plan, for example, the 21 Day Fix, this recipe would be 2 greens, 1 1/2 yellows, and 1 red per serving.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Labels: 21 Day Fix, Chicken Nooodle Soup, Easy Chicken Noodle Soup, Healthy Recipes, Healthy Soup Recipes, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Successfully Fit