Let me first start by saying that this is a FABULOUS alternative to many other nacho appetizers out there; but, you need to watch how much you eat! These can be addicting!! All of the ingredients are optional so you can pick and choose what you'd like!
Ingredients: (Yields 4 Servings)
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ medium lime
- 1 dash chili powder
- Sea salt (to taste, optional)
- ½ cup cooked pinto or black beans, warm
- 4 oz cheddar (or jack) cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium jalapeno, seeds and veins discarded, finely chopped
- ¼ medium avocado, chopped
- 4 fresh cilantro sprigs, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1. Heat oven to 375° F.
2. Brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
3. Squeeze lime over chips. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt (if desired).
4. Arrange half of the tortilla chips in a medium baking dish. Layer with half the beans and cheese. Repeat.
5. Bake chip mixture for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
6. Top with tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro, and yogurt.
21 Day Fixers: 1 Green, 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue/Orange
**I have made this recipe a few times. I mainly do make my own tortillas as the recipe suggests; however, I have also bough natural yellow corn tortilla chips to save on time.**