I bought a bunch of strawberries, this week, hence the strawberry recipes, and again, found this recipe from the Fixate cookbook. Breakfast for dinner is a favorite in this house so we tried it the other night and it was a hit! I'm not surprised :) It's such a simple recipe and took only about 10-15 minutes to prep, cook, and serve! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
|Strawberry French Toast|
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slices low sodium sprouted whole grain bread (I love Ezekiel)
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1. Combine eggs, almond milk, 1 tsp maple syrup, and cinnamon in a shallow pan; whisk to blend.
2. Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture for 5 minutes, turning halfway.
3. Heat the coconut oil on a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add bread and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side (or until desired texture / golden brown)
5. Serve by topping each slice with 1 tsp maple syrup and 1/2 cup strawberries per slice.
This recipe does support the color coded portion control system. It would be 1 yellow (bread), 1/2 red (eggs), 1/2 purple (strawberries), 1/2 tsp (coconut oil).
If you don't have strawberries you could use any type of fruit! Bananas, mangoes, apples, etc.
Labels: 21 Day Fix, breakfast, Clean Eating, french toast, Healthy Breakfast, Healthy Eating, Strawberry French Toast