Chicken Apple Stir Fry


I tried this recipe last night and LOVED it!  My family already loves basic chicken stir fry so switching it up a bit and adding some apples really hit the spot!  I searched and searched for a recipe for this; however, I didn't find one that I wanted to try so I honestly just tossed some things in the skillet, added some spices, and just went with it!  It turned out great! 

Give it a try and let me know what you think!


Chicken Apple Stir Fry, Chicken Stir Fry, Healthy Recipes, 21 Day Fix, Healthy Dinner Recipes
Chicken Apple Stir Fry
The great thing about stir fry is you can put whatever you want in! So, feel free to experiment with some different veggies too!  Although I don't have an exact serving size, this recipe was enough to feed my family of 4.  To stick with my color coded container plan, I personally used 1 green of the veggies, 1 red of the chicken, 1 yellow of rice, and 1/2 purple of chopped apples.


Ingredients:
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
* 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used Fuji)
* 4 stalks celery
* 1 cup mushrooms
* 1 1/2 cups carrots
* 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
* 2 sweet peppers (I used red and yellow)
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp ground giner
* 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce

Directions:
1.  Wash and pre-cut all veggies and apples.
2. Pour coconut oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
3. Add veggies and apples and cook for about 3-4 minutes before adding the chicken, soy sauce, ginger, and cinnamon.
4. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are a bit softened.  I covered my skillet but it isn't necessary.  Stir frequently.
** Something I thought of after the fact was to add 1/4 cup of slivered almonds to toast and toss on top of the stir fry. ** 

I served the stir fry over brown rice and it was delicious!! It makes for great leftovers too! 

Enjoy!

Labels: , , , ,