I tried this recipe last night and LOVED it! My family already loves basic chicken stir fry so switching it up a bit and adding some apples really hit the spot! I searched and searched for a recipe for this; however, I didn't find one that I wanted to try so I honestly just tossed some things in the skillet, added some spices, and just went with it! It turned out great!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
|Chicken Apple Stir Fry|
The great thing about stir fry is you can put whatever you want in! So, feel free to experiment with some different veggies too! Although I don't have an exact serving size, this recipe was enough to feed my family of 4. To stick with my color coded container plan, I personally used 1 green of the veggies, 1 red of the chicken, 1 yellow of rice, and 1/2 purple of chopped apples.
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
* 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used Fuji)
* 4 stalks celery
* 1 cup mushrooms
* 1 1/2 cups carrots
* 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
* 2 sweet peppers (I used red and yellow)
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp ground giner
* 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1. Wash and pre-cut all veggies and apples.
2. Pour coconut oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
3. Add veggies and apples and cook for about 3-4 minutes before adding the chicken, soy sauce, ginger, and cinnamon.
4. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are a bit softened. I covered my skillet but it isn't necessary. Stir frequently.
** Something I thought of after the fact was to add 1/4 cup of slivered almonds to toast and toss on top of the stir fry. **
I served the stir fry over brown rice and it was delicious!! It makes for great leftovers too!