Chicken Piccata

I tried a new recipe last night and since it officially got the husband approval, I decided to add it to my blog! I actually found this recipe from the Team Beachbody Blog and new I had to try it.  After some research on the TONS of ways to make Chicken Piccata, I decided at first to mix a couple of recipes together.  BUT, once I got going I decided to just stick with one.  Give it a try and let me know what you think! 

Chicken Piccata, 21 Day Fix Recipes, 21 Day Fix Dinners, Meal Planning, Chicken Recipes, Healthy Recipes
Chicken Piccata


Ingredients: (Yields 4 servings)
4 (4-oz.) each raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½ cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
6 Tbsp. capers
1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
2 cups sliced mushrooms
 
 
 Preparation:
1. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add flour and seal. Shake to coat chicken.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken, cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
4. Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Add lemon juice, broth, capers, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms; cook, turning chicken halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.


Those who follow the color coded potion plan such as the 21 Day Fix, this recipe would be 1 red, 1 green, and 1/2 blue/orange.  This is for the JUST the recipe, not any side dishes you decide to add to it.  
Chicken Piccata, 21 Day Fix Recipes, 21 Day Fix Dinners, Meal Planning, Chicken Recipes, Healthy Recipes
Chicken Piccata

Enjoy!!!

Labels: , , , , ,