I've got a GREAT recipe to share with you! No, I didn't create it on my own. In fact, I got it from the June edition of the Clean Eating Magazine! It was delicious and even the hubby approved! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
|Lemon Angle Hair Pasta|
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 oz whole grain angel hair pasta
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch of asparagus (trimmed)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cold organic unsalted butter
1. Cook pasta according to box. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid before draining.
2. While pasta is cooking season chicken with salt and pepper (if desired). In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat. Add chicken, and cook for about 4-6 minutes.
3. Once pasta is drained, stir pasta, broth, lemon juice, and butter in skillet. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until asparagus is tender-crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside.
5. Stir in 1/4 cup mint and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a thin sauce.
6. Sprinkle in remaining 1/4 cup mint.
7. Serve immediately.
Labels: 21 day fix dinners, Angel Hair Pasta Recipes, Clean Eating, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Pasta Recipes, Lemon Angle Hair Pasta, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Successfully Fit