If you follow me then you know that I have been doing the homes fitness program, Country Heat. It has a similar nutrition plan as the ever so popular 21 Day Fix and there are some DELICIOUS looking recipes in the Eating Plan book! So, here you have it! I am sharing the first "Country Heat" recipe!
Oh, and it's a good one too! I tried this out this morning on the family and I got a thumbs up, which means it has made my blog!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
|Southern Spiced French Toast |
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread
- 2 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans, toasted
- Combine eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a shallow bowl or pan. Whisk to blend.
- Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture (about 1 minute on each side).
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bread; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side (or until golden brown).
- Top each slice evenly with banana and pecans.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 4 servings (1 slice of bread per serving). The container equivalents are 1 yellow, 1/2 purple, 1/2 red, 1/2 blue, and 1 tsp per serving.
Labels: breakfast, Clean Eating, Country Heat, Country Heat Recipes, french toast, healthybreakfast, healthylifestyle, healthyliving, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, pecans, southern french toast