We tried a new dinner tonight and it was a hit! It came directly from the Country Heat Eating Plan book so I can't take credit for it. I admit, I was a bit nervous because in general we aren't big fans of ground turkey but everyone liked it and we even have some leftovers for tomorrow! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
|Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash |
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (I used a medium red bell pepper too)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 lb raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- Sea Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and sweet potatoes; cook, stirring frequently. This takes about 10 minutes or cook until onion is translucent and sweet potatoes are tender-crisp.
- Add turkey, cook, stirring frequently until turkey is cooked through and sweet potatoes are soft (about another 6-10 minutes).
- Add garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper (optional). Cook for an additional 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Labels: Clean Eating, Healthy Dinner, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Quick Dinner Recipes, Successfully Fit, Sweet Potatoes, Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash