Good Saturday Morning! It is a cold and dreary day here in Central PA so I thought I would share with you a yummy, warm, comfort food recipe for you to try! I made this the other day and it was wonderful! It also made for great leftovers too! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
|Slow Cooker Beef Stew|
|Slow Cooker Beef Stew |
- 1 pound round steak cut in to 1 inch pieces
- Sea Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups red potatoes cut into 3/4 chunks
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 cups of baby carrots, cut in halves
- 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups of low sodium beef broth
- Rub the meat with oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare all vegetables and add to slow cooker .
- Place meat on top of vegetables.
- Add broth, thyme, and bay leaves
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
Labels: beef stew, Crock Pot Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Lisa Decker, Meal Planning, Slow Cooker Recipes, slower cooker beef stew, Stew, Successfully Fit