Here is a delicious dinner to add to the dinner rotation! I found it on the Team Beachbody Blog and it has been husband / family-approved! I did change up the amount of chicken and sweet potatoes than what was in the original recipe and it worked out perfectly!!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Yield: 4 servings
|Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, and Apples Dinner|
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tart cooking apples (I used Granny Smith), peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 2 small baked sweet potatoes cut in to cubes
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, chopped
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
1. Heat 1½ tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and apples; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture begins to brown. Place in a large bowl.
3. Add potato, raisins, chicken, sage, salt, pepper, and paprika; mix well.
4. Heat remaining 1½ tsp. oil in skillet over medium heat.
5. Add apple mixture, pat into an even layer in pan; cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes.
6. Stir gently; cook an additional 2 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Serve immediately.