Chicken Rice Soup - Instant Pot

It's cold, snowy, and the PERFECT day for some warm soup! I tried out a new Instant Pot recipe last night for dinner and it was so delicious, I wanted to get it up on my blog! And, it was an Instant Pot success, which is few and far between for me right now! My hubby took the rather large container of leftovers to work this morning so that is my indicator that this needs to go on that dinner rotation list!

Side note - this is the first time I tried making a soup in my Instant Pot and WOW!  Something that I would normally let sit in a crock pot for hours took about 30 minutes from start to finish! If you had some foods prepped it would take even less!

-If you don't have an Instant Pot, check out the Clean Eating recipes tab for a slow cooker Chicken Rice recipe. -

Give it a try and let me know what you think! 


Ingredients:
Clean Eating, Instant Pot Soup, Instant Pot Recipes, Chicken Rice Soup, Instant Pot Chicken Rice Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Rice Soup

Directions:
  1. Turn on Instant Pot to the saute mode and add coconut oil.
  2. Add the celery, carrots, and onion.  Saute for about 3-4 minutes or until veggies begin to soften. 
  3. Place chopped chicken breasts in to the pot. 
  4. Add the broth, thyme, and garlic powder.
  5. Stir in uncooked rice (frozen rice is fine too).
  6. Stir ingredients and be sure chicken stays towards the bottom.  
  7. Set the Instant Pot for 12-15 minutes (I did 13) on high pressure.  Allowing the pressure to released naturally will give you the best flavor; however, for time sake I did let some of the pressure out to speed up the process.  
  8. Salt and Pepper to taste. 
Serve and Enjoy! 



Labels: , , , , , , ,