21 Day Fix Week One Progress Update!

21 Day Fix Planning and Prep


I'm a little behind on my progress update!  I completed Week 1 of the 21 Day Fix and started Week 2 yesterday!  I can not express how much I am LOVING this program!  It is super easy to follow and the workouts are perfect!  So I thought I would share what I learned in my first week of the program, as well as give you an update on my planning for Week 2.  

21 Day Fix, Fitness Motivation
Week 1 went pretty well for me.  Although I was planned and prepped, I did face a couple of dinner changes due to unexpected plans.  I did; however, stick with my portion sizes and containers.  It's great because the containers can fit right in your purse if you are heading out and are committed to sticking to the plan.  After experiencing the first day, I did realize that I overeat on healthy food! I'm not going to lie.  I felt hungry the first couple of days while my body adjusted to the portion sizes.  It was a small test of willpower, but now I'm good to go! I've been pretty close to my goal weight but have struggled a bit to lose those last several pounds.  I exercise every day and eat clean, but those stubborn pounds just didn't want to budge! I now see that I have been overeating on a few foods as well as having a larger portion than I should of my carbs.   

Perfect 21 Day Fix Breakfast: Egg Whites, Spinach, Peppers, Ezekiel Bread
I think the container idea is simply genius! It is so helpful to put my food into the containers, dump them on to my plate, and really see how much a true portion size is.  For the most part, I have been sticking to the same variety of foods.  It's easier and cheaper that way!  Egg Whites, grilled spinach and peppers, and a piece of Ezekiel bread make for the perfect breakfast or mid-morning snack for me.  I've incorporated this into my meal plan several days a week and it uses up 3 containers for the day.  I am left feeling completely satisfied and am good to go until my next snack/meal.  


21 Day Fix Snack or Lunch, Greek Yogurt, Strawberries
Something that I didn't want to give up is my yogurt. And guess what?  I didn't!  The only thing that I did give up was the drizzle of honey or Agave Nectar that I used to put on top.  It worked out well because the amount of fruit that I can put on (according to the purple fruit container) is more than I used to use.  So the honey/Agave Nectar isn't necessary anymore! 

21 Day Fix Lunch, Grilled Chicken Salad, Meal Planning and PrepI've incorporated more grilled chicken salads (using spinach) into my meal plans.  Once I saw how much spinach and veggies that I could use I knew this would be a great option that would still keep be satisfied for a few hours.  I do have to admit that the salads keep me fuller than the yogurt, but I like to rotate between the two.  Vegetables are something that I don't always get enough of.  When eating a grilled chicken salad I am able to get 2 green (veggie) containers out of it!



So, overall I am very happy with how I am feeling after Week 1.  I lost 2 pounds and can already feel my body changing from both the nutrition plan and the workouts.

I did incorporate a new dinner into my plan last week.  The 21 Day Fix meal plan has several recipes that are simple for someone who doesn't exactly enjoy cooking!  I tried the Baked Chicken Breast and it was a hit! I actually forgot to snap a picture of my plate before I ate it all, so I will be sure to take one next time I make it.
21 Day Fix, Shakeology
And of course, I can't forget about my Shakeology!  I am continuing to drink it as my first meal of the day.  I switched it up this month and have been drinking Strawberry.  It is delicious but I am chocolate girl at heart, so I'm looking forward to my new bag of chocolate, which should be arriving by the end of the week!


So here is my plan for Week 2! I've learned that my grapes and cashews that I had for a snack last week were NOT enough to keep me feeling full.  So, I scrapped that snack and moved on! Due to the unexpected changes, I was able to move a couple of dinners over.
21 Day Fix Meal Plan



 As for the workouts....

21 Day Fix WorkoutsI completed T25 right before Christmas and was in the middle of P90X3 before pausing it and doing the 21 Day Fix.  I was worried that the 21 Day Fix workouts weren't going to be as intense as what I was used to and boy was I WRONG!  I seriously could not believe how sore I was!  It was great!  That is definitely a sign that the program is working.  It's a no-brainer that a huge perk of the workouts is that they are only 30 minutes; however, I think that the thing I like best is that there are modifications. This program truly is for ANYONE.
21 Day Fix Cardio


So I am almost two days in to Week 2 and am feeling fantastic!  My meal plan is on my counter, my food is prepped for the week, and I have completed two more workouts.  

My current 21 Day Fix group consists of 8 challengers who are getting the motivation, accountability, and support to stick with the program. I can honestly say that they are all loving it!  The motivation within the group is AMAZING and the conversations are flowing!  

I have decided to begin another 21 Day Fix Challenge Group beginning on March 10, 2014! The good news is, the challenge packs (which include the complete 21 Day Fix program as well as a month supply of Shakeology) are no longer on back order!  

The spots are filling up so you don't want to wait!  If you are interested in applying to be in the March 10 group, please fill out the form below!  NOTE:  I will contact you within 24 hours of you filling out the form.  Some of my emails have been going to junk mail, so please be sure you check all folders so that you receive my message!

Here's to Week 2!!!!







Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,