Salsa Chicken

I was in need of a new recipe so I spent some time searching on my favorite websites.  I came across this one from HeandSheEatClean.com and figured I'd give it a try!  I LOVE crock pot meals, especially ones that don't have a lot of ingredients!  I have to say, it made my kitchen smell fantastic all day long and was absolutely delicious!  I sum it up as bruschetta chicken with a bit of sass!  

Ingredients:

1-2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 large diced tomatoes
Clean Eating Recipes, Salsa Chicken, Healthy Dinner Recipes
Salsa Chicken
1.5 cups (roughly) of your favorite salsa.  (I actually pre-made Homemade Salsa to keep it a bit cleaner)
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper (if you want to make it spicy)

Directions:
1. Place the chicken in a crock pop, as well as all of the other remaining ingredients.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
3. After 7 hours, shred the chicken in the crock pot and allow it to cool down before serving.   

**Before serving, I added some diced onions, red and green bell peppers, and a little lime to enhance the flavor!  


This meal makes for GREAT leftovers!  You can serve it with brown rice (which is what I did), wrap it up in a whole wheat tortilla, serve in salad, or even eat it as a lettuce wrap!  
Clean Eating Recipes, Salsa Chicken, Healthy Dinner Recipes
Sal

Enjoy! 



Labels: , , , , , ,