PiYO Week 2 Progress Update and Meal Plan


PIYO Meal Plan, PIYO Workouts
PIYO Upper Body


Happy Wednesday!!!  So, Week 2 of PiYO is, and was, completed several days ago!!  I'm just super late on my update!  Between the holidays and a little stomach bug going on in my house, I haven't had the chance to do an update.  Having said that, I was a bit out of commission for a few days, so, my Week 3 did not start as planned.  I am happy to report that I am feeling great and back on track!  So, what do I think about PiYO so far? 

PIYO Meal Plan, PIYOI have to say that I am truly loving it!  It is such a nice change of pace from the intense cardio workouts that I have been doing for the past several months.  A few of the moves in PiYO give me quite a challenge.  I feel pretty good with my leg balance; however, when slowing things down and really focusing on your core, it can become challenging! Only being two weeks in, I can already see and feel a difference !  I haven't gotten through every workout in the program, but, I have to say, I really like the Sweat workout.  It is crazy to me that I was sweating more in those 30 minutes than I was after a 21 Day Fix or T25 workout!  I'm not saying that those are not effective, but with the PiYO Sweat workout, I wasn't doing any sort of running or jumping!  It's crazy how a slow paced, low impact/high intensity workout can REALLY work your muscles! 

I am enjoying the other workouts as well.  The Core workout really tested my core strength, which is something that I like to continually work on.  In addition, the upper and low body workouts have been super effective for me.  I will say that with the upper body workout being so short, I've added in a 10 minute ab workout from another program.  No, you certainly don't have to add anything to your day; however, I just wanted a little extra calorie burn. 

PIYO Meal Plan, PIYO Workouts
PIYO CORE

So how is the meal planning going?  Actually, really well!  I have found that the nutrition plan for PiYO is very similar to the 21 day fix, minus the containers. I am still incorporating my daily Shakeology, of course! I have to say, Shakeology has been a blessing for me!  When I wasn't feeling well, it was so nice to have a shake, knowing that my body was getting replenished with dense nutrition that includes 70+ super foods and numerous vitamins and minerals.  I definitely wasn't able to eat much solid food so this was a great way to make sure my body was getting what it needs. 

Shakeology, PIYO
Shakeology


My meal plan for last week was pretty simple.  I actually decided to incorporate the new 3-Day Refresh and had GREAT results!  I had zero loss of energy so I was able to continue with my PiYO workouts.  In addition, I added a new recipe to my dinner rotations! I enjoy eating salads and the typical chicken or steak salad gets a bit old, so, I found a great Spinach Summer Salad recipe that was a hit with my entire family! I was also able to stay on track, for the most part, throughout the holiday weekend.  No, I wasn't 100%.  Yes, I did have a delicious chocolate/cool whip dessert, but I did not over indulge.  I stuck with a proper portion and didn't feel guilty afterwards.  

Clean Eating, Healthy Meal
Spinach Summer Salad


PIYO Meal Plan, PIYO
PIYO Week 2 Meal Plan

Since my Week 3 did not start off as planned, plus we are already half way through,  I am also including my Week 3 meal plan.  Although I wasn't eating much, my family still was so I did stick with the dinners.  Since I am finally feeling better and able to work out, I am beginning my Week 3 workouts today.  
PIYO Meal Plan, PIYO
PIYO Week 3 Meal Plan

Overall I am pleasantly surprised with how much I am enjoying PiYo.  To be able to already see and feel results in my strength and flexibility after just two weeks is awesome! I can't wait to see how much better I get and the results that will happen among both me and my current challengers in my exclusive PiYO test group when the 60 days is up. 

If you are interested in learning more about PiYO, or joining in my next PiYO accountability group, please fill out the form below. Within my groups I provide support through daily tips, motivation, customized meal planning, recipes, and more!  

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,