If you have kids, or if you are planning on handing out Halloween candy within the next couple of nights then you may have a nice big stash of candy laying on your table or sitting in the pantry. If you are anything like me, then you are finding it hard to resist taking a couple pieces "here and there." So, I thought I would share with you some helpful tips that will hopefully keep your willpower going strong throughout the Halloween festivities!
1. If you love it, don't buy it!! Seriously, if I went to the store and bought a bag of mini Twix bars, they would be gone before the Trick or Treaters get here! Another option would be to pass out non-food items like glow sticks, stickers, or even fun little activity booklets!
2. Hide it!! I sometimes think people think I'm crazy for recommending that their spouses or kids hide a food that you are too tempted to stay away from, but, it really does work! Let's face it, you NEED to have some WILL POWER through the holidays! So, if there is something in your house that is going to tempt you, like Halloween candy, then have someone hide it until it is time to pass it out!
3. Exercise!! I know, easier said than done, right? Do you really think that if you indulge in some sweet treats that you don't normally have and not do any sort of exercising that you will not gain weight? With so many fitness programs that are 30 minutes or less, it makes it hard to create the "I don't have time excuse." I know there are days where "life" just gets in the way; however, it is so important to take a little time each day to do this for yourself and for your family. Then, when you do indulge in a sweet treat you won't feel so guilty!
4. Stick with healthy alternatives!! Drink Shakeology!!
I know Shakeology does come at an expense; however, you get 30 meals in one supply! In addition, drinking it daily will combat those cravings that you get, not to mention the super healthy ingredients in it. A huge perk about Shakeology is all of the delicious recipes
that you can make with it! Whether it be an Almond Joy, Snickers, or even a Pumpkin Pie recipe, you are still getting your daily dose of nutrients as well as that sweet treat (in a guilt-free healthy way of course!).
5. Get yourself some accountability! Join an accountability group that will keep you on track to reaching your health and fitness goals! It is so much easier to get, and stay, healthy when you are in a group that not only provides the support, accountability, and motivation to do so, but a group of others who have the same ending goal of getting healthy.