Back on track for the Holidays with P90 and the 21 Day Fix!


P90,  P90 Phase BGood Afternoon and Happy November!  I have been the absolute WORST blogger the past couple of weeks!  Truth be told, I have been on and off my normal workout schedule and am feeling a little "blah."  Does that ever happen to you?  I feel like I have been running non stop for the past week and when I sit down I end up falling asleep!  Between two different Halloween parties, a Halloween parade, Trick or Treat night, my daughter's 3rd birthday party, her actual birthday, and an overnight trip to visit my parents, things have been everything BUT normal!  Having said that, although I've been pretty good with my nutrition, my workouts have not been up to par.  I did begin Phase B of P90 last week and am continuing this week.  Yes, I did miss some workouts which is why I am planning on redoing this week, next week!  Let's face it, this time of year can be tough!  With busy schedules and the holidays quickly approaching it's easy to put ourselves on the back burner.  I mean seriously, Halloween is already over, it's November, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and holiday shopping has begun!  I was just looking at our family calendar the other day to see if we had any free weekends that we could just relax and do nothing and we don't!!  There's always something! Last year was my first experience living through the holidays in a healthy way.  Before that I over indulged for 2 straight months and then made that dreaded New Year's Resolution to get healthy and lose weight before Spring time came.  I was ecstatic last January to be able to say that I gained zero weight, stuck to my plan through the holidays, and was still able to add some sweet treats here and there. 

Fitness Motivation, P90, P90 Phase B
P90
I have no intentions of this holiday season being any different.  So, I am not letting excuses rule my day.  I am committing 100% to getting my workout in each day, sticking with my nutrition plan, and prioritizing what actually NEEDS to be done vs what actually gets done.  After getting my workout in today,  I feel GREAT!  I don't know how I forgot about the feeling you get when you complete a workout!  As for what workouts I am doing, I am completing the Phase B P90 workouts which are Sculpt, Sweat, and Ab Ripper B.  Of course my Saturday's are for the Saturday Special as well :)

Family Workout

I had to admit, after missing a few days of working out, my 4 year old daughter actually mentioned something to me!  Both of my girls usually like to get my exercise mat out and video set up and just yesterday Sophia asked me why it has been in the closet!  Talk about an eye opener!  This was the perfect reminder to make me aware of just how important it is to be a positive role model.  


Healthy Lunch Ideas, 21 Day Fix, Shakeology, 21 Day Fix snacksANYWAYS, as I mentioned above, I have am still at it with P90. I am liking the less intense workout right now and am still LOVING my 21 Day Fix nutrition plan.  It works perfectly for me.  With all of the craziness going on, the one thing I tried really hard not to slip up on was my nutrition.  Although I had some Halloween candy here and there, I did pretty well!  I am now in the habit of packing a cooler full of healthy meals/snacks when I go out of town to visit family for the day.  Yes, it takes a little planning but it is definitely worth it!  The last thing I wanted to do was end up at a drive-thru getting something less than desirable!  Like last year, I know that I am going to rely on some yummy "treat" Shakeology recipes (aka: Snickers, Almond Joy, Thin Mint, etc) to get me through those sweet tooth times! 

I wanted to share with you the meal plan that I created and am following this week.  Honestly, I haven't had a chance to search for many new recipes lately so I've been sticking with my favorites.  I'm actually really excited for tonight because we are having Buffalo Chicken Pizza! My  husband and I just couldn't get enough of it last time we had it!

P90 Workout, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, Meal Planning

If you follow me at all, then you know that a typical mid-morning snack that I enjoy are egg whites with some grilled peppers, spinach, and some Ezekiel bread.  Within every challenge group that I run I always have a handful of people add egg white muffins in their meal plan. So, I finally made them myself!  I have NO IDEA why it took me so long to make these!  Aside from them tasting delicious, they were so convenient!  There was no dragging out the pan, spatula, nonstick spray, cutting up the peppers, etc each morning.  All I did was pull two out of the fridge, pop them in the microwave for a bit, toast up some Ezekiel bread and viola!  Within minutes I have a meal ready to go!  They don't even take very long to prep on weekends!  
Egg White Muffins, 21 Day Fix Snacks
Egg White Muffins
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
*Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
*Layer each muffin tin with some chopped spinach, onion, and red/green peppers.
*Pour 2 egg whites in each tin.
*Place in oven for 25-30 minutes.
*Remove muffins from pan and let cool


So, now that the last of the Halloween candy is FINALLY out of my house, and now that I am settled back in to my normal routine, I am going to head in to the holiday season with a clear focus of not slipping off track. I am kicking off a new Healthy Holiday Fix Up group using one of my FAVORITE programs, the 21 Day Fix!   It will begin on Monday, November 10th! At this point in the year it is all about holiday survival when it comes to health and fitness. The temptations are EVERYWHERE! Luckily with the 21 Day Fix you are still allowed to eat some occasional chocolate and even enjoy a glass of wine!
The group will be filled with tips, motivation, and accountability to help you stay on track as the season of temptations begins! Don’t wait until January to figure out that you want to get healthy and in shape. Start now so you can avoid the extra holiday pounds!

21 Day Fix Accountability Group, 21 Day Fix Meal Planing, 21 Day Fix
21 Day Fix Accountability Group
The available spots are quickly filling up, so, if you are interested in learning more or grabbing your spot, fill out and submit the form below!  Please note, my groups are for my personal customers, coaches, and their customers! 

Are you in?!! 
Health and Fitness Accountability Groups
  


Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,