PIYO Week 4 Progress Update and Meal Plan


Ok so I am almost done with Week 5 of PiYO but I haven't posted much about how my week 4 went! Let me fill you in....

So, like any other week, last week was busy!  I knew I would be facing some challenges because of a couple of daily out of town trips, so I made sure I had a plan in place!  For starters, I tried TWO new recipes last week!  The first was called Clean Eating Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.  I was unsure of how they would turn out, so they are not noted on my meal plan below.  I have to say, they were absolutely delicious!  Even my 2 year old loved them! You should definitely give them a try!
Clean Eating, Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

The other new recipe was Stuffed Zucchini .  I have to say, I was a little nervous as to how this was going to turn out.  My husband is not very fond of vegetables and that's about all this dinner included!  I gave him a heads up that I was making it so he was prepared.  I knew right away this dinner would be right up my alley, but I was quite surprised when my husband loved it too!  So, there you have it! A husband-approved vegetable dinner!

Clean Eating, Stuffed Zucchini
Stuffed Zucchini 

The rest of my meal plan includes my usual.  I am such a creature of habit!  When I find foods that I like, and are healthy, then I stick to them.  It's like the saying, If it's not broken, why fix it?!  What I DO do is vary my dinners.  I know not everyone is like that, which is why I really try to include some new snacks/meals to give options.  
PIYO, PIYO meal plan, meal planning, clean eating
PiYO Meal Plan

Shakeology, Healthy Breakfast, On the go breakfast
Shakeology 
The one meal that you will ALWAYS see on a daily basis (and sometimes twice in a day) is my Shakeology!  I seriously do not know what I would do without it!  It is the one meal, day in and day out, that I truly look forward to! It provides me with energy and definitely helps curb my cravings, just to name a couple of the benefits!  I love that in just one meal I am getting my daily dose of nutrients, not to mention it is delicious!  A huge perk, especially on those extra busy days, is having something that is super convenient!  I mentioned earlier that I had a couple of out of town day trips last week.  It's tough to stay on track when you have days like that!  It's easy to just hit up a drive-thru or bring along a small bag of chips, combos, candy bar, etc in the car.  It's even easier to grab your soda/pop to give you a little extra boost.  I can tell you, I am NOT falling in to that trap again!  Now that I drink Shakeology, I ALWAYS use it when I am going to be in my car for a meal.  I blend it up in the morning, pack it in my cooler with an ice pack, and I'm all set! 

Now let's talk PIYO!

PIYO, What is PIYO
PiYO
My Workouts for Week 4 were as follows:
Monday: Sweat - As I've said before, this is one of my favorites!  I am still in awe at how much of a sweat I work up in just 30 minutes of NO jumping, NO running, and NO weights! 

Tuesday: Buns - This is quite possibly one of the toughest lower body workouts.  My legs SCREAM every time I do this workout!

PIYO, PIYO Drench
PIYO Drench Workout
Wednesday: Core - I had planned on doing a new workout, Hardcore on the Floor, but I ended up replacing it with Core.  This is a great workout that has really been building up my stomach muscles. 

Thursday: Drench - Ok, let's talk Drench for a second.  OH MY GOODNESS!  Yes, it is a longer workout coming in at 46 minutes.  With all of the short Beachbody workouts that have come out within the past few months, 46 minutes seems like a long time, but, it is TOTALLY worth it!! I was seriously DRENCHED by the end! 

Friday: Strength Intervals - This workout started in Week 3 and I really enjoy it! It does have more of a cardio feel to it and definitely gets your heart pumping!  

Saturday: I took Saturday as a REST day since we were going out of town.

Sunday: Sweat - This was definitely needed after my Saturday night cheat meal :)


So, there you have it!  Week 4 is in the books and I will soon be closing out Week 5!  At first when I saw PiYO was a 60 day program my first thought was, that's a long time!  Especially after doing the 21 Day Fix for the past several months!  Now that I only have a few weeks left, I can honestly say it flew by!  And, I ended up repeating Week 3!  

I love that I have my online accountability groups to keep me motivated.  Yes, I am a coach and yes, I run monthly groups where I provide the support, accountability, and motivation to keep everyone on track, but what you may not realize is I need that motivation too!  The challengers that enter in to my groups keep me as much motivated as I do them!  

If you are interested in joining one of my End of Summer August Online Accountability Groups, it's not too late! I would love to help guide you on the path to a healthy lifestyle by sharing what has worked for me and my family.  There are some GREAT August promotions that you can take advantage of.  

Fill out the form below to get more information on my groups and/or to reserve your spot! 


The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,