PiYO Week 6 with a 21 Day Fix Meal Plan!

PiYO,  Meal Planning,  Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix, T25, 21 Day Fix Meal PlanGood Morning!  Can you believe that it is almost the end of August and "Back to School" week is quickly approaching?!  I know several teachers have already started their Inservice days and I've noticed all of the kiddos in the neighborhood outside enjoying their last days of Summer, well, when it isn't raining of course! So, with school starting back up several family schedules are about to get a lot crazier!  Fall sports, dance classes, and after school activities will soon be starting.  Back are the evenings of rushing to get dinner ready, the family fed, homework complete, and early bedtimes.  Having said that, are you worried that you "me" time will soon be disappearing?  As a mom, I understand how easy it is to put full focus on your family.  That's what I do!  BUT, I also MAKE SURE that I get some time to myself.  I make sure that I have some time on the weekends to get my meal plan done for the week.  I make sure that I have some food prepped and ready to go, making the week go so much more smoothly.  I make sure that I am able to get my daily exercise in because after all, 30 minutes of the ENTIRE DAY isn't THAT long, right?!  
PiYO,  Meal Planning,  Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix, T25, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Healthy Dinner

So, as I enter Week 7 of PiYO, I have realized that my Summer fitness program is coming to an end.  Two weeks and I will officially  be a PiYO graduate!  If you follow me at all, then you may be thinking, wait, shouldn't you be on Week 8 by now?  Guess what.....YOU'RE RIGHT!  Ahh!!!  Ok so I had a little set back.  It happens, right?!  Life just got a bit too much in the way for me a couple of weeks ago, so, I decided to stay fully committed to completing each week with 100 percent effort, which is why I decided to repeat Week 6.  I stuck with my meal plan and did the majority of my workouts, but, I did miss a couple and it wasn't feasible for me to double up, so, I figured I'd just start the week over.  As a result, I stayed true to my commitment and now have Week 6 under my belt. So, what's been going on with the past couple of weeks?! Well, I moved back to my 21 Day Fix meal planning schedule.  I love the nutritional end of the program, it works for me, so why change it?  In addition, I was able to add a couple of new snacks/meals to my rotation.  I made this DELICIOUS chicken and broccoli pasta the other day and it was a HUGE hit at my house!  We loved it so much that it is on the menu for this week too! Oh, and it makes for GREAT leftovers.  In addition, I decided to give my usual Greek Yogurt a bit of face lift!  I typically stick with strawberries and sometimes granola, but I decided to really make it a parfait by adding some blueberries and 1/4 cup of Corn Flakes.  I even put it in a fancy glass to eat out of.  It was funny because my 4 and 2 year old loved the look of it so much that they wanted one too!  So, I had to get their yogurt and put it in a fancy glass with some cornflakes and fruit.  Sure enough, they ate every last drop!  I didn't eat my yogurt this way EVERY day, but I did have it a couple of days last week.  
PiYO,  Meal Planning,  Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix, T25, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, Healthy Yogurt Parfait
Homemade Parfait

So, here is my infamous meal plan that I followed.  It has my PiYO workouts and is planned out according to the 21 Day Fix plan.  Why?  Because that's what works for ME! I have to say, I did have a weekend camping trip thrown into the mix but I stayed pretty true to myself.  I brought along my healthy snacks and my Shakeology, and I was all set!  I allowed myself one cheat meal and yes, I did sneak a roasted marshmallow but other than that, I did great!  I like it to be known that I truly do practice what I preach.  Yes, I slip up and make mistakes sometimes.  No, I don't eat 100%  clean 100% of the time, but I focus on my nutrition at least 90% of my day.  

PiYO,  Meal Planning,  Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix, T25, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan
21 Day Fix Meal Plan

What's my secret?  Well, it's this little gem in the picture below.  My Shakeology of course! Yes, I am going to talk a bit about Shakeology because I am absolutely in love with it! It has been well over a year since I have been drinking it and I can honestly say that I STILL look forward to it every single morning when I get up.  It has been my energy provider and cure for cravings for quite some time now.  I love getting my daily chocolate fix!  One of the perks of having Shakeology is that afternoon pick-me up!  In the past I would resort to a caffeinated latte but now, there is no need.  If I feel cravings coming on, or if I just need a little boost, I hit up an extra shake.  It doesn't have to act as a meal replacement, it can be a snack too!  When people ask about Shakeology the first objection I get is "it's too expensive."  When I finally made the commitment to join a challenge group and give Shakeology a try,  I too thought that it was too much money.  Then, once I started cleaning up my meals and becoming more knowledgeable about how to truly eat healthy (thanks to the Challenge Group of course), I realized that I really wasn't spending much more on my groceries when I added in my Shakeology.  I cut out all of the processed food and snacks that I used to buy (including the sugary cereals and bagels), and you know that Starbucks latte that I just referred to?  Yeah, I spent $4.00+ on it every time.   I spend $3.32 on my daily breakfast shake :)   And should I mention that the nutritional content between the latte and Shakeology doesn't even compare?!  Like, NOT AT ALL!  It all comes down to priorities and what you want to spend your money on.  So, I am grateful to have gotten over the price and realize that it isn't all that bad to fit in to my family's budget.
PiYO,  Meal Planning,  Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix, T25, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, Shakeology
Shakeology

Okay, enough about that!  Let's talk PiYo workouts! 

Throughout Week 6 I did:
* Drench - twice!
* Hardcore on the Floor
* Buns
* Sculpt
* Sweat

I am still loving the workouts and am really seeing a different in my arm definition, flexibility, and core strength.  Those tricep push ups are starting to grow on me!  Each week I am able to do more and more on my toes, rather than my knees!  

PiYO,  Meal Planning,  Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix, T25, 21 Day Fix Meal PlanQuick funny story....so I was doing the Drench workout yesterday.  It is PiYO's longest workout.  Most of them average about 25-30 minutes but Drench is 45 minutes long.  My husband typically isn't home while I am working out, but since it is the weekend, he was around while I was doing Drench yesterday. I was five, maybe ten minutes in to the workout when he made the comment, "how are you going to even break a sweat doing that?"  I just ignored him, didn't make a comment and continued on.  I could tell he kept peeking over during my workout and he even mentioned the fact that I wasn't doing any sort of jumping or running.  At the end of the 45 minutes I was seriously DRIPPING with sweat.  He couldn't believe it!  Not only was I dripping sweat but I was out of breath too! 

This program is NO JOKE!  If you are used to the intense cardio workouts like P90X3, Turbo Fire, T25, etc, PiYO fits right in there! Just because you aren't lifting weights, using resistance bands, and doing the traditional cardio of jumping and running, doesn't mean you can't get a good workout in.   


So, with all of this back to school stuff going on, I challenge you with one request.  Don't put yourself on the back burner.  Make time in your schedule to take care of yourself, to make healthy choices, and not give up.  Be a positive role model in your family so that your kids, if you have any, know that just because life gets a little busy, it's not an excuse to just give up on living a healthy life.  

PiYO,  Meal Planning,  Clean Eating, 21 Day Fix, T25, 21 Day Fix Meal Plan

If you need help with support, motivation, and accountability to staying on track, let me help you!  I am 100 percent committed to each and every challenger that joins my accountability groups.  Fill out and submit the form below for more information on my upcoming groups, as well as a chance to reserve your spot!  So far, I've got my 30 Day Back to School Challenge beginning TOMORROW (with 1 spot left!) and an exclusive 21 Day Fix group beginning on September 8th!  

We both know the perfect time will never come, so why not start NOW?! 




There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,